Scatterbrained Sunday

I don't even know if that counts as alliteration because the beginning sounds are different, but let's just go with it anyway.  I'm on day 27 of 30, and I'm just doing what I can to finish!  (That's quitter-talk, isn't it?)

We had a great Black Friday experience, a less than great Saturday experience thanks to, most likely, messed up sleeping & eating habits and a combination of hormonal reactions on my part.  That's life.  Sunday has been a mixture of all of those things wrapped up together.  After church and lunch, we've spent the better part of the day decorating for Christmas.  Without sounding too grumpy, it's just kind of hard to get in the mood when it's in the 70's and we're wearing shorts and t-shirts.  On the other hand, it was a beautiful day!

A focal passage from our Sunday School lesson this morning has been playing over and over in my head throughout the day:

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. ~Philippians 4:11-13

I'm going tell you, folks, I'm in a season of plenty.  And I can tell you this, too, contentment is not always easy!

Here comes the scatterbrained part:

For those of you long-distance friends who've been asking - here's a belly picture at 25.5 weeks.  Maybe those cashiers were justified in their horror.  Either way, I show you this not because I want to show off my hot pregnancy bod (HAHAHAH!) or because I want you to notice that my belly looks like it is giving birth to my belly button or because I am succumbing to peer pressure (okay, it's that one slightly), it's because at this point with Sarah and the others I'd taken lots of belly shots for posterity.  This time, notta one.  Poor 4th child!

And to the random man in the hallways at church this morning who told me I looked great and I was beautiful - thank you.  I ordinarily don't take compliments well, but today I needed one.


The rest of the night we'll be decorating this tree - which has remained lit, but naked all day waiting for little girls to wake up from their naps and kids to return home from choir.


Plus there's this stuff just begging to be littered throughout the house with Christmas cheer...



Don't you just LOVE this season!!!??  It's truly the most wonderful time of the year!

(And just for a giggle, I got a huge chuckle as I hummed this tune to myself over the Thanksgiving break.  I finally understand the part of the song where it says, "And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!"  wink, wink)

Happy Sunday, all!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

You look maaavelous. Of course, the husband and I don't think any woman is more beautiful than a pregnant one. To me, it is/was the greatest compliment when folks commented on my huge belly. There was a man in our prenatal class who used to point to my enormous belly with MD (good grief it was huge, too) and stick up three fingers to indicate that it must be triplets.

I guess I'm just odd because the worst thing you could do to me when I was pregnant would be to imply or say that I didn't have a big old belly or not comment at all.

I know that a lot of women are different (especially southern women) so I have learned to just zip it and smile most of the time. What I would consider a compliment, others do not.

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top