Fallin' Back

I used to love the fall time change.

Who wouldn't?  An extra hour of sleep?  Yes, please.

Then I had kids.  And for some reason, it just doesn't have the same appeal anymore.  No matter how many times I tell my two year old that she really doesn't need to get up at 5:30am, it just doesn't sink in.  And she's so darn happy and snuggly when she wakes up, it's almost hard to be mad at her.

Almost.

If there's one thing I've learned about parenting, it's that you just never know what to expect. 

It is now 10:51pm on Sunday evening.  As far as my kids' little bodies know, it's 11:51pm.  Only the two year old who woke up at 5:30am this morning is sleeping.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm hoping that they choose to utilize that extra hour tomorrow.  *fingers crossed*

Until then, I'll brainstorm some actual blog topics.  But today, I'm too sleepy to come up with anything more than my lament over one early riser and a couple of night owls.  It's not a perfect combination. 

Goodnight, world.  I can tell I won't be suffering from insomnia this evening!

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Yup, been there and done that.

My oldest son was a night owl - that was OK, because I was too. Then youngest son came along and was an early bird! Not good. I remember the days of being up 'til midnight with one, and then up at like 6:00 with the other one.

Now, in my "middle years" (don't laugh), payback is insomnia on a fairly regular basis. Most of the time it's because I doze off in the middle of the day.

And the time change? Why does it give me JET LAG???

xo

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top