2

A List Update ~ 10.14.09

I'm realizing that the list has a secondary purpose, beyond the 101 tasks.  It's teaching me patience and delayed gratification.  I'm not one to let a to-do list go unchecked for long, and yet I seem to have created a list of things that cannot be completed except over time.  I'm antsy by nature.  The list will either help me get over that or drive me mad.  I hope it's the former.

As for what I've accomplished since my last update:

#49.  Complimented another stranger!  It's fun to see a smile on someone's face when you tell them they're doing a good job.  (This week it was the waitress at TGIFriday's.  All of the other servers had been cut for the afternoon, and she was single-handedly taking care of about 8 tables.  She did it very well, and didn't even seem stressed.  I let her know this.)

#50.  I leave freerice.com open in one of my tabs at work, so if I need a mental break I go work on my vocabulary.  (Strange as that sounds, it's true.)

#55.  We read five of Dr. Seuss's books this past week (Green Eggs & Ham, I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew, Bartholomew and the Oobleck, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, and The Foot Book).  I'm convinced the Bartholomew ones are the LONGEST children's books ever.  I missed the sing-songy ring of Dr. Seuss's brilliant rhymes, but the messages were still there. 

#85.  While Sam contends that I don't really have "a usual" at Chili's, I contend that I rotate between the same 3 items (Southwestern Cobb Salad, Chicken Tacos, and Steak & Jalapeno Quesadillas).  We went to Chili's on Monday evening and I ordered the Mesquite Chicken Salad.  It was *AMAZING*!  That'll teach me not to try new things! 

On the horizon, I am working on the applications for Ben, Abby, & Sarah's savings accounts (but I don't have their SSN's at work) and I am planning to donate blood on October 30th (there is a blood drive at the mall that day).  Interestingly enough, that very same day (October 30th), Ben's class is going on a trip to the Corn Maize.  That could be a big day in terms of the list!  I also hope to send a treat to the teachers either this week or next (and not wait until Halloween!).

To everyone else who is plugging right along, keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love Bartholemew Cubbins. The 500 Hats is one of my favorite books.

Did you know that freerice.com has other options? I finally discovered that I can also work on French vocabulary and on countries of the world (oops, missed Afghanistan). Look for the "Change Subjects" link on the top right of the window.

Jennie said...

Thank you, Diane! The chemical symbols option is a super fast way to get some points! :) I had no idea.

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top