Flashback Friday ~ My girlie's birthday

Last night, I tried to go to sleep around 9:30pm, despite the fact that I had about a million things to do.  I was trying to just let it go.  I was trying to be a less Type-A person.  Long story short, I failed.  I was up until 11 or so and then didn't fall asleep until just before midnight.  Only to be woken up by a hungry 4 month old around 12:45am.  Good story, huh?

Anyway, in the time between 9:30 and 11, I sat looking at pictures of my life thanks to Abby in the past three years (and creating a month-by-month album of her life on FB, go check it out!).  Abby is a very special little girl, full of life and energy.  She defines perpetual motion.  She was born on the move...taking her first unassisted steps just shy of eight months and was running (and crashing into everything) by nine.  She can just as easily play quietly by herself or rambunctiously with a crowd.  She'll bring a smile to your face just by looking at her.  She loves to make you smile, but doesn't do things for attention (most of the time).  She's an absolute wild card.  You just never know what you're going to get with her.  She loves dresses, make-up, and princesses, but also loves splashing in mud puddles, jumping off of things, and playing "bad guys" with Ben.

People often ask us where she came from.  She's nothing like me or Sam.  We blame it on her grandmothers...both of them.  (Love you, Mom & Mrs. Lisa!)

Abby brings joy every day just by living her little girl life.  I cannot believe she's turning three (and I still can't believe Ben is six, and I can't believe how old I sound by repeating these things over and over). 

Happy Birthday to my spunky, sweet little girl!  We all love you so!











1 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Abby!

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top