2

Flashback Friday - The Socks

This is so random.  (Even though I'm random the majority of the time, I still feel the need to put that disclaimer out there for everyone.)

During the winter of 2007 it came to my attention that Abby's sock drawer was quickly becoming depleted.  I knew that she would always start the day wearing socks, and then suddenly later in the day, she wasn't anymore.  I don't know why I decided to look under her crib, but I did. 



There were fifteen pairs of socks under there.  Apparently, during naptime, she would take and shove them down between the crib and the wall.  My kids have never just "gone to sleep" when you put them in their beds.  They have to unwind, play a little while, take their socks off and shove them in unfind-able places.  You know.  The usual.  It gave me a nice hearty chuckle to find them all in one place (obviously I took a picture of a pile of socks, what a weirdo).  I didn't expect Abby's reaction though, and that is what makes the story complete.

As though she had been reunited with a long-lost friend, Abby spotted the socks and touched them lovingly, only to ultimately give the entire pile a warm embrace.



I guess this just goes to prove that it really is the little things in life that make us happy!

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hug someone (or something) that you're grateful for this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute!! Apparently... when I look at pictures of little girls hugging their long lost socks....I cry a little. LOL :) -Eileen

Sara Lou said...

I Love You. You took a picture of a sock-pile. My Hero.

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top