0

Mom Things - The 5000th View Edition

You have retrieved any or all of the following from your children's mouths at some point:  tiny pieces of carpet padding, dried up ground beef from last night's dinner, poinsettia petals (yes, those are poisonous), and self-inking stampers.

You've made more bedding changes in the wee hours of the morning than most people do in one lifetime (you know, during normal human hours).

You become "cross" when forced to watch Thomas the Train.  Why do kids like that anyway?  It's like the transportation version of Calliou.

You've learned to get over any issues you had pre-motherhood with staring children.  You just can't stop an 8-month old from staring at someone in a restaurant.  I dare you to try.

You let your 3 year old answer the phone when solicitors call.  Give them an earful of "I went potty all by myself!" and "My favorite color is Pinkalicious!" and just see if they call you back again.

You are eternally grateful to the inventor of adjustable waist pants for children.  Now if only they'd institute that in ladies pants, the world would be a better place.

People are constantly asking you if you're "done" having kids, and "how many more" you are are planning to have.  You've started replying, "We're just getting started" because, if nothing else, it's fun messing with people.

Ironic though it may be, there's nothing more spirit-lifting than to hear your three year old declare that she's grumpy.

The strangest things move you to tears since becoming a mom...like the State Farm commercial that plays the song "I'll Be There" and seeing some random kid hold the door open for a smaller kid at the morning school drop off.  (And don't even get me started on country songs.)

You have learned that foot odor is not only for the mature adult.   Baby feet stink in leather sandals too.

************************************
On an unrelated note:  I have noticed that the number of views on my blog has surpassed 5000!  Wow!  That probably means very little to anyone else, but it means a lot to me.  I'm flattered by your viewership (readership?).  Many thanks for reading, and I hope you walk away from this with at least a smile every now and then. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top