0

Questionable Illustrations

I ordered some books from Abby's Scholastic handout.  I cannot resist buying books, especially awesome books at a cost of $3 or so.  Anyway, they came in yesterday, and instead of saving them for Easter like I had planned, I went ahead and let them read the books.  On the way home from school.  (I have no willpower.)

One of the new books was Llama Llama Mad at Mama.  We've read the Red Pajama and Misses Mama versions before, but this one was new.  Basically, Llama doesn't want to go shopping with Mama and pitches a fit.  The mom doesn't react appropriately in response, but that's not really relevant.  Abby was flipping through the book, narrating her own version of the story as she went along.  (When she reads, she assigns all boy characters the name "Ben" and all girl characters the name "Abby".)  She got to this page:

 
She looked at it for a while, then asked me, "What's Ben doing?"  Since I was driving, I couldn't really turn around and check it out, so I told her I didn't know.  She considered it for another moment and asked, "Why's Ben licking the toilet paper?"

It's a reasonable question, no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top