0

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” -Frank Zappa

And so I will begin my list update for anyone who chooses/cares to become up-to-date on such things.

#2~Join a committee at Ben's school.

This is an interesting one.  I *think* I am on the Teacher Appreciation Committee, but I can't be sure.  Until I know for a fact, I won't cross it off.  How's that for being on the ball?  What I do know is that they never forget to contact me when it's time to donate goodies for a teacher luncheon.  And I have to admit, I am more than willing to donate food/goodies/treats to make teachers feel appreciated!

#27~Reach two new "tens-places" in my weight.  

I have achieved the first new tens-place!  Can you believe it!?  In the midst of a holiday season, cookies aplenty, I have dropped to a new decade of weight.  Methinks this might be attributable to the extended nursing because it is *surely* not attributable to the amount of baked delights I've have been eating.

#41~Send a note of cheer to someone twice a month.

Check and check for the month of December!  I have to admit that it felt a little silly what with the Christmas cards going out in the mail.  But that's the point...to send two notes of cheer per month over and above routine correspondence.

#48~Anonymously do 10 acts of kindness.

This one is proving tricky as well.  I guess it depends on how *I* define anonymous.  And if I'm being a stickler, I didn't accomplish one of these this month.  Anonymous means NO ONE but me knows about it.

#49~Take treats to the kids' teachers once a month.

Delivered goodie trays to Abby & Sarah's teachers this morning.  Delivered goodie bags to Ben's teachers last Friday.  December is a go for #49.

#55~Read the entire works of Dr. Seuss to my children.

I believe I mentioned the Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Barnes & Noble in my last update.  These 3 are unread Dr. Seuss books...Yertle the Turtle, The Lorax, and Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?  I wrapped them yesterday, and can't wait for the kids to open them on Christmas day!

#64~Make Callaway Gardens an annual Christmas tradition.

Just managed to get this in under the wire this year.  I had almost resigned to not doing it, but Sam is a man of true conviction.  We trekked to Callaway on Thursday evening after a night of Christmas pictures, and dinner in the van from McD's to board the 9pm trolley ride through the Fantasy of Lights.  Abby loved it.  Ben enjoyed pointing out the speakers hanging in the trees (typical).  Sarah did not enjoy it.  Not one bit.  Better luck next year!

#67~Make 10 homemade gifts.

We made these for Ben's teachers.  Does that count as two or one?  (wink, wink)  Abby and I are also going to finish another set of homemade gifts tonight (hopefully!).  It's a "token" gift that ended up being A LOT more work than I thought it would be!  More on this later...you know, after they've been given!

#86~Eat at 10 new restaurants.

Given our propensity to dine out, especially at the holidays, I can't believe this is the first new restaurant experience.  Sam and I ate at Momma Goldberg's Deli just around the corner from my office for lunch last Thursday.  I might be partial given my obsession with sandwiches, but that Momma's Love just melted in my mouth.  Two thumbs up for this place!  Bonus...you get a reusable souvenir cup with drink purchase.  I love me some plastic restaurant cups. 

As you can see, I cannot cross any off the list at this point, but I am definitely making progress.  And progress, friends, where lists are concerned is nothing but good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top