0

Flashback Friday ~ Screaming Edition

I've been feeling especially nostalgic these days with the 3rd birthday of my middle born child quickly approaching.  Funny thing is that I handled Ben's recent 6th birthday just fine.  I guess his 5th birthday and starting pre-k last year were emotional enough that age six and starting kindergarten seemed kind of anti-climactic.  At any rate, life is going faster than I ever imagined it would.

Since Abby was born, Ben has been head over heels in love with her.  He is, without a doubt, the most loving, patient, tolerant big brother I've ever witnessed.  Sure, sometimes he locks himself in his bedroom for a moment of peace.  And every once in a while, he raises his voice to his "pesky" little sister.  But in general, he's a saint.  Even though he desperately wanted a baby brother, he's just as in love with little Sarah.  It does my heart good to see them love each other the way only siblings can.

I was peeking at old pictures the other day trying to decide who Sarah looks like (she's definitely changing and is no longer a dead ringer for Ben like she was at birth) when I came across one of my favorite pictures of all time.  I was blessed with newborns that liked to cry.  And adding them to our house always requires an adjustment period.  Mostly though, it's a waiting game until they magically, one day, stop crying.  This is a picture of one of those days during the waiting period.  As goes the paradox of motherhood, it feels like yesterday and eons ago, all at the same time. 

About sums it up.

Ben was just barely 3 in this picture, the age that Abby (the screaming one) will be in just two short weeks.

I'm happy to say that I can look back on this picture and smile.  Laugh even.  These little moments...the stuff that life is made of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top