2

What's Wednesday without more ways to know you're a mom?

In an effort to entertain two girls with no nap at a work-function held at the local Aviation Museum, you pose the question, "You think you can fit under that airplane?"  You had no idea it would turn into a near hour of crawling underneath every real, live airplane on the grounds.  It worked.  Score one for Mom.

After pulling the most serious, dangerous stunt of her life in the Kroger parking lot, you interrogate your four year old as to why she decided to stop in the middle of the main road while crossing the parking lot and start wiggling maniacally.  Her response?  "I just wanted to dance."  I guess when the mood hits you...

You find yourself feebly trying to catch up on your Bible study "homework" amid a seven year old reading Shel Silverstein poems out loud, a four year old interjecting random questions like, "Will you turn Barney on for Sarah?" and "Can I have some Smores Goldfish?", and a toddler who thinks that you laying on your stomach on the floor with your Bible and workbook is an invitation to bounce on your back like a rodeo cowgirl.  Somehow, you suspect that is not what Beth Moore had in mind for your quiet meditation..

Speaking of Goldfish, they're a snack not taken lightly in your house.  Its fine dining, requiring a "table" and chairs.  Luckily, the table is on wheels so they can move it to the location of their choosing.  In this photo, their room of choice is right in the middle of the kitchen.



You beam with pride at your four year old when during her first soccer practice ever, she and her big blond ponytail bounced up and down with excitement every time she completed her assigned task.

Speaking of her hair, you feel it would best be described by the adjective phrase "Out of this world" - see photo and decide for yourself.


Your girls' baby doll (you say it this way because you have no idea which one it actually belongs to, and they both claim it on a daily basis) is a constant companion on the playground - often getting to go first down the slide and test out the swings with what can only be described as a look of sheer terror on her little painted-on face.





Your toddler's vocabulary is growing every day, but usually you have to interpret on her behalf for everyone who doesn't spend all day with her.  One word she does say perfectly clear, however, is "sausage".  That's Mommy's little carnivore.

You remember when it would have terrified you if your son was swinging without holding on.  Now, you just snap a picture.  And time marches on.


Who needs an alarm clock when you have a toddler standing inches from your face shouting, "Milk!!!  CUP!!!  PLEASE!!!" wayyyyyy before you were planning to get up?

*******************
You may have guessed by now that the job offer did not come through.  I found the news out on Monday.  I'm bummed, but this is not the end of the world, and I know that.  Obviously, this was not what God wanted for me at this point.  Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers.  Maybe this is my "sign"...that I need to stay home for the summer and spend way too much time in the kiddie pool and sucking down popsicles.  It's sounding better and better every time I say it.

What's next, you might ask?  Well...  We're going to Disneyworld! 

No.  Really.  We're going to Disneyworld for spring break.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when we return!  Until then...hope you all are well!  And thanks, as always, for reading.

And just a share because I really love this picture -


Okay, signing off, for real this time...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm so disappointed about the job. I know in my heart that God has something very special lined up for the future and that what you're doing right now with those precious kids is so very special too. We're going to keep on praying.

I see such a love between your girls, Jennie. (With Ben too, of course). You can literally SEE it in every picture. I think Miss Abby scores an A+ in Big Sister 101.

I am crazy about the baby doll pictures. They are a treasure. I want to cry right now because I want my little girls back.

Seriously. I'm having a moment...

Have fun in Disney World!!

Sharon said...

Jennie -

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about the job. I know how disappointed you are. But, I applaud your perspective on it.

This post was so much fun - as they always are. Your kids are just the cutest. I can pretty much sum up my reaction to this mom post: "Awww...giggle...that doll's kinda creepy...rock on, Ben...the forehead's healing nicely."

Wish you were coming to Disneyland - MY neck of the woods! But have a great time!

Post a Comment

Before you go, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know what's on your mind! (Please and thank you.)

Back to Top